Why using a webhook?
From your Fastory account, you can send the data collected by your contests towards the URL of your choice.
You need to create this URL in the first place.
Then, you'll be able to send the data towards your servers or web service.
In which cases can I use a webhook?
- You need to treat data on your end in order to record scores on your server, synchronize data, login users...
- You need to trigger a script after specific bot questions (for example sending emails) or Zapier
Follow these steps:
- From your workspace, go to the
- Click on the search bar and type
Once the add-on is activated:
- Go to
Settingsin your workspace
- Go to
- Click on the
settingsof the webhook
A window appears with the setting options:
- Specify the Token and add your custom URL. The token allows to safely authorize the requests sent to the URL.
- Then click on
Test the connection
If the answer says Ok, the connection succeeded. You can now send Fastory data to your custom URL.
If the answer says Error, the connection failed and an error message has been sent to the API.
At the same time, this connection test will send a standard answer to your API and you'll need to check if there is an error on your side.
Endpoints from bot questions
Once the connection succeeded, you can specify the endpoints in a bot question.
This endpoint will be added at the end of the URL your just specified in the add-on settings. You can collect the specific data to this question and send them to you custom URL.
The steps to follow:
- In your workspace, go to
- Choose the experience in which you want to collect data
- Click on
In the studio:
- Click on the
- Select the bot of your choice
- Select the bot from which you want to retrieve the data
- click on
When you are on the bot settings:
- In Custom URL entered in the add-on will appear the URL that you have previously added in the add-on
- Choose the mode
Send my data after a specific question
This mode allows you to collect a large amount of data from the bot and send it to your URL in a single request. The sending of this request can be triggered at the end of a question for example.
To do this, you need to :
- go to the parameters of the question that will trigger the sending of the data
- check the box
choose this questionbut be careful you can check only one question.
Send my data after each question
This allows you to send the data to your URL for each question answered by the participant. The data is instantly sent to your URL.
If you have chosen this mode, you need to add an endpoint. To do so:
- select the question you want
- add the
specific path(ex: https://mycustomurl.com/registration)
This endpoint will be added at the end of the URL you just specified in the add-ons settings. You will be able to retrieve the data specific to this question and send it to your Custom URL.