1. Why should I use an opt-in question. ?
Adding Opt-in questions in your experience will enable you to collect usable data, respecting the GDPR.
It allows to have the users consent for the use of their information such as email adresses or phone number.
We strongly recommend you to add an opt-in quesiton if you want :
- Subscribe the user to your Newsletter;
- Send commercial and marketing offers;
- Share their information to your partners.
You’ll find their answers in
2. In the bot
Creating an opt-in question and adding answer choices
To read again the basics about creating a Bot, click here.
- in the drop down menu, select
- write your text in the dedicated field;
- add as much choices as you want.
Our advice is to let the user choose what he wants. You can offer two answers, or one answer and a skip
You can add answers to your question. For this:
- click on the
+button next to
Add an answer;
- write the text to be displayed;
- in the drop down menu, select the Optin you want to associate the answer with, or create the Optin through the
Allowing the user to skip a question
You can also allow the user to skip a question. You can activate this through a button at the bottom of the question settings. This way, the user will have the possibility to click on
skip at the bottom of the Bot:
3. Finding the answers into Audience
Audience allows you, among other things, to collect opt-ins. You can learn more by reading the article on How can I get the data collected with the chatbot
Audience allows you to download a CSV file where you will find all the information:
- go to
- in the table filters, go to
- export the CSV with or without the participants' scores
Here you will find, for all your experiences, the answers to your bot's Optin questions, for the users who accepted the Optin.