To share an experience, all happens in the "Share" tab in the upper right corner of your experience. There are four sub-tabs: Publication, Share, Embed and Personal Data. In this article, we'll talk about the first two only.
You'll need to type your URL in the "Publication" tab. Warning: you won't be able to change the URL after your microsite is published.
By default, all your URL start by "story.tl". If the URL is already taken, a warning message will appear, just like below:
Share the Microsite or Landing Page from Fastory
- Setup your meta properties in the "Share" tab
Customize Facebook meta properties:
2. Share via Facebook
Just click on the "Facebook" icon. This will open a Facebook tab, where you will be able to create your post:
Share the Microsite or Landing Page from the URL
- While creating a new post, enter the story URL at the top of your page's timeline.
Images from the story may automatically be added to your post's preview. There are several ways to customize the preview:
- add or remove Images: you can remove an image from the preview by clicking the thumbnail below "Available images". Click "+" to add a custom image from your computer;
- edit Descriptions: click the description below each image or video in the preview to edit it;
- edit Destination URLs: to edit the destination URL for an image or video in the preview, hover over the image or video and click . For videos, you'll also see the option to click No Button arrow_drop_down and select a call to action that will appear at the end of the video.
2. Click on "Publish":
We do not recommend to use video type posts to promote your experience, since people who click on the video will automatically open the experience as a video, as shown below, which might lead to confusion during navigation.
We recommend to make a new post about the experience everyday, so that more people have the opportunity to see it.
Pin your post
In order to interact more with your community, we advise you to pin the post at the top of your Facebook page. This way, the experience will be highlighted for everyone who comes to your page.
Note 1: you need to be an admin/editor to pin posts
To pin a post:
- Go to the post on your page's timeline;
- click in the drop_down in the top-right corner;
- select "Pin to Top of Page";
Note 2: when you share a link from your page, you can include a preview in your post. The preview can include up to 5 images and videos with descriptions and unique destination URLs.
Create a call to action
CTAs help driving people to take actions. You can add a call-to-action button to your page to direct people to your experience - this costs nothing.
To add a call-to-action button on your page which will redirect people to your experience:
- go to your Facebook page’s cover photo and click on "+ Add a Button";
- choose your call-to-action and enter the URL;
- click on "Create":
Boost your post
Boosted posts appear higher in News Feed, so there's an higher probability for your audience to see them.
To boost your posts: